Fiona Beckett is an award-winning food and drink journalist, author and web publisher with 25 years of experience of writing for the UK’s top newspapers and magazines.
* started her career on the features desk of Today and has since spanned the world of tabloid and broadsheet journalism, writing weekly columns for The Times, Guardian and Daily Mail (the latter on wine) and regular features for the Telegraph and Sunday Times food pages.
* is currently wine columnist for The Guardian, contributing editor to the wine magazine Decanter and a contributor to the wine magazine Le Pan. Over the years she has written for many of the UK's leading food, drink and lifestyle magazines including BBC Good Food, Delicious and Good Housekeeping and for international food titles such as Bon Appetit and Australian Gourmet Traveller.
* in 2014 she was voted Blogger of the Year by the International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC) and was ranked no. 8 in the UK's top 10 food and drink journalists by the UK Press Gazette.
* is one of the UK's leading experts on food and drink pairing with her own award-winning website matchingfoodandwine.com. She also hosts regular wine and food events for both consumer and corporate audiences and offers food and wine matching consultancy services.
* has written 23 books on subjects as diverse as wine, beer and student cooking (the Beyond Baked Beans series). Her most recent book is Fiona Beckett's Cheese Course which has recently been updated and re-issued by Ryland, Peters & Small
* has an (infrequently updated) natural wine blog Wine Naturally and a sleep blog A Good Night's Sleep - with health writer Patsy Westcott - which reviews products and hotels from the point of view of a light sleeper. (In other words, herself ... )
Feature writing (including food-related travel features), news stories, 'opinion' and other topical columns, trendspotting, interviews and profiles, restaurant reviews, recipe development, recipe editing, book reviews, matching food and wine, beer and other drinks, wine list consultancy, wine tastings. Extensive contacts in the food and drink field.
It’s difficult. We sympathise. Despite being an entirely different shape and size we have an uncanny ability to turn up in the same outfit (usually black) and order the same dishes. We both wear glasses, swathe ourselves in scarves and fancy Daniel Craig.
This is the page where we share our current enthusiasms at a greater length than the 140 characters we're allowed on Twitter but more briefly than we burble away about them on our blog.
Where we talk about where we've been, the people we've seen and the things we're excited about right now.
© 2015 Fiona Beckett & Fiona Sims (the2fionas.com), photography © Gary Latham, website by Scend